Saturday, December 10, 2016

“Corks & Candy”



I did my grid project based on things I love the most- FOOD. From craft cocktails, to brunch, even the home-made items, are my best talents. My friends and family have always considered me a foodie at heart. For as long as I can remember, my favorite room in the house was never my bedroom or backyard, it was always the kitchen. Even growing up I would watch my mom make every meal no matter how long it took- from idea to delivery. My favorite shows were never cartoons, but rather the Food Network. And my passion was always sweets. Any kind of sweets from starbursts to fruits dipped in chocolates, I’ve always had a sweet tooth.

Up until the internet really took over and the expansion of YouTube almost 7-8 years ago, I’ve always watched the “how-to” videos on desserts- 24/7. Basically, all my free time was dedicated to YouTube because food in general is a peculiar science far beyond a nutrition label.  I would have to agree that making food is one of the few areas today where you can bridge the gap between creativity and reality- on your own. Making things come to life from simple inspirations like videos, complete control of how things are made, and being present for every step of the way, is almost impossible in any other industry.

Almost 4 years ago, I became obsessed with wines and champagne. Now I’m no expert in terms of labels but it is a go-to option for me in almost every social interaction. Vodka, whiskey, gin, etc. were never appealing to me for lack of taste and other post drunk behaviors. So, all this leads to why I chose sweets and champagne/wine inspirations for my grid project that I labeled “corks & candy.” 9 out of 10 times, people will either enjoy sweets, or champagne, or wine, and in often cases- all three options! So why not combine my hobbies of cooking (Food idea), craving for sweets (Kit-Kats & runts candy) and my knack for champagne (corks) and wine (the bottle) as my project core.

This project highlights not only what I enjoy in my spare time, or down time, but also highlights areas of my life I’ve cherished since early childhood up until now – adulthood. “Corks & Candy” would be the ultimate idea to create a brick and mortar location but that’s way out of my scope unless I find some VC’s! Until then, this idea will remain on the blog. I hope all you can see my inspiration tactics and enjoy this visual!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment